Seeking similar others for recreational challenges and expeditions
I'm fit, travel UK, Europe, US;
now in my forties.
I would like to hear from you if you have similar interests or experience.
I have long term unrealised backpacking ambitions for the Vercors plateau in
SE France or the GR20 in Corsica.
I've some photos of previous expeditions and would be interested to see yours.
Also looking for climbing mates based in the London area - I'm usually able
to get up grade 3
Thanks and cheers, John
Some recent trips - click the links for pictures
- July 2004: Alps: GR5 etc at Samoens, Aiguille Rouge (Haute Savoie, France),
and Gran Paradiso (Aoste, Italy)
- June 2004: Hampshire, New Forest and a section of the coast path between Lulworth
- May 2004: Chambéry (Savoie, France)
- Easter 2004: Allgäu, Bayern (Bavaria, Germany)
- March 2004: Gran Canaria: as well as the beach and the nightlife there are
some great volcanic craters
- August 2003: Wales: The Black Mountain and the Brecon Beacons
- July 2003: Alps in Switzerland
(Vaud, Bernese Oberland and Valais).
Grindelwald for the Eiger, Jungfrau and Monch by rack-railway and Arolla for the
granite of the Valais.
Revisited Les Diablerets, the place of last year's enjoyable GLME
motorbike run, and did some hiking and found an outdoors fitness course there
for some circuit training at altitude plus push-ups in the snow at even higher
- October 2002: Provence and Alpes Maritimes
- July 2002 Wales: Brecon Beacons
and Black Mountains
- April/May 2002: Provence - Mont
Ventoux and Mont Sainte Baume
- February 2002: Dartmoor, SW England
in wintry weather:it is was good weekend not to be there on a survival
- February 2002: HochSauerland, Germany
- November 2001 in the High Peak
area of Derbyshire
- 2001 June/July I was hiking in the French
- 2001 March I was hiking on La Palma,
the Canary Island that might to slide into the Atlantic!
- Summer 2000 I was hiking in Yellowstone,
Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks the Wind River mountains and
in California and Wyoming, USA.
- Spring 2000 I was on Kauai island
in the Hawaiian group
In the 1990's I have been backpack hiking in
- Gorges du Tarn
- Grand Canyon du Verdon
- San Diego County near Twentynine Palms and Borrego Springs
- Wind River Mountains
- Grand Tetons
- New Zealand
- click here | Home